What kind of outage are you mentioning? Transmission or generation?
I assume you mean transmission (branch) outage in this case. In order to model a branch outage in vSPD, you can set i_TradePeriodBrachOpenStatus to 1 for that branch as following:
1. Open vSPDSolve.gms
2. Navigate to the following section
* 4. Input data overrides - declare and apply (include vSPDoverrides.gms)
3. Add the following code at the end of this section
- To model an outage on ARA_T2.T2 for all periods: i_TradePeriodBrachOpenStatus(tp,'ARA_T2.T2') = 1;
- To model an outage on ARA_T2.T2 for periods 15: i_TradePeriodBrachOpenStatus('TP15','ARA_T2.T2') = 1;
Note that if a branch is currently modelled as out of service in the GDX file, setting set i_TradePeriodBrachOpenStatus to 0 does not guarantee this branch is reconnected. You can easily model a branch outage in vSPD but to reconnect a line already out is a little more complicated.
Hope this help.