- Retail reports are released after the 10th business day of each month. The next scheduled release is due on 15/09/2017. The reports are built off a live system and the data is subject to change as registry events are processed (e.g. backdated corrections or withdrawn switches).
- Connections are active ICPs recorded at the end of each month. The proportion is the proportion of total ICPs from the selected market segment in each region. Similarly the percentage change is the change across the period relative to the start of period of ICPs in the selected the market segment for each region.
- Market segment breakdowns are available from September 2013 when ANZSIC codes were introduced into the registry in a field maintained by the trader. No breakdown is available at NSP level.
Market segments are not mutually exclusive. Residential connections have no ANZSIC code. Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) connections are defined as those assigned meter categories 1 and 2 (low voltage up to 500A) with an ANZSIC code excluding those relating to central or local government and other utility services. Industrial connections have ANZSIC code from A through E and commercial connections F through Z. More information on ANZSIC codes is available at www.stats.govt.nz.
- Region types are either network based or derived from standard statistical boundaries. Network based regions are network supply points (NSP), network reporting regions and zones, mappings are available in the NSP table which is available as a wholesale report. Other regions are derived from ICP location data and statistical boundaries (2013 census). ICPs without location data default to the location of their NSP. Main centres use Territorial Authority boundaries (city councils) where Wellington includes Porirua City, Upper Hutt City, Lower Hutt City, and Wellington City. The data report lets users select 'All regions' (where the regions are not the data series) to get data for all regions in a single file. Regions are listed North to South except for NSPs
- The 'network participant' region type is different from network or statistics based regions. It reflects the owner of the distribution assets that an ICP is directly connected to, or the participant responsible for them. It does not roll-up ICPs in embedded networks (reconciliation type EN) to the grid connected network owner (reconciliation type GN). In this way it is not strictly a region as the same network participant can operate various unconnected distribution assets across the country and these are aggregated in this reporting. Grid connected network participants are listed first, and the remainder are listed alphabetically. Network participants with less than 10 ICPs connected at any time during the period the report covers have their names withheld.
- For more information on specific terms and their definitions please visit the glossary on this website.